Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: A7 on side

  1. #1
    Inactive Member whitebroncoii's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2008
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A7 on its side equals tall vertical and narrow horizontal coverage above 800Hz.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mrbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2003
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My A7 is too tall for center speaker in my HT setup. What, if any problems would I have if I layed it on the side?
    Bill

  3. #3
    Inactive Member mrbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2003
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Gary, that makes sense.
    Actually it's the HF horn that intrudes into my screen area. So on the side I could put the horn on the side and it would be lower overall.
    So the horn would not change other than being a few inches lower. I have no room to put it behind the screen. I could mount the HF horn inside the cabinet but really don't want to do that if possible.
    Thanks again Gary

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by mrbill:
    ...So the horn would not change other than being a few inches lower...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...And several inches further from the LF source, which is already really too far away for "up close" use.

    Not to mention the mismatched polar response of the vertical MF and horizontal HF...or...the beamed HF hitting you at the knees...or... forums

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cclark65's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    how wide is the room?

    You might be able to get away with laying the cabinet down and setting the horn on the side of the cabinet.

    I would put a thick rug or something right in front of the bass cabinet to help eliminate some of the floor reflection though.

    Not ideal, but if you don't have the space, you have to be creative.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cclark65's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what about an 816? I see them on ebay periodically.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mr. Bill,

    Not usre where in MS you are at.. but I found a set 0f 817's in nashville, tn craigslist......

    You could always transfer your horn atop of these..$500, not too bad, andthey seem to bein good condition..

    BTW, not affiliated with the seller.


    817's in Nashville, TN


    Good luck,

    -chris

  8. #8
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    $500 for the pair, loaded is a pretty nice deal!

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    i thought it was as well..so i got a hold of the guy. he's even been through this part of the northwest. were trying to get the shipping figured out now. but with the economy the way it is...i wonder, am i doing the right thing?

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow,

    Did not think that me posting that add here would land a sale for someone, just thought it would help out the original poster......

    Vall, I have 2 complete sets of these with horns/drivers..... If for any reason this does not work out, and things settle out in the future (economic wise), I will galdly sellyou a pair of my 817's cabs with same the woofers in them too..

    I am moving and I am not looking foward to moving these big cabs again... PM me if you want to consider it...this is open to anyone on this forum as well.

    -chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.